Research has shown that the food industry is booming and is expected to grow even more. Also, the restaurant industry is one of the most significant components of the hospitality industry. So, if you are an aspiring restaurateur with exciting food ideas but do not know where to start, we have gathered some ideas to help you put this together. This article provides the main takeaways necessary to open and operate a successful eatery. Also, you have prepared for you below a restaurant pitch deck template to present your business idea to others perfectly.
Download the Restaurant Pitch Deck Template (in Google Slides)
First things first.
If you already have all it takes for your business and you only want to access the template, here you go.
ForkWise is our Real-Content Template (RCT) invention for your startup business. Albusi has developed and designed an RCT to access an entire pitch deck for your business quickly. You will get the best of both: an actual investor pitch deck and a template for your business.
You can quickly check out and download the template here:
However, we are not done yet.
It would be best if you had more information and real-life experience to edit the template to fit best the market and the style you have in mind for your restaurant. I encourage you to continue scrolling to plan this on solid ground.
What you need to know about the Restaurant Pitch Template
Our ForkWise RCT is a great way to start a pitch deck. However, it’s also essential for you to understand that you can always add more information to it. Also, it’s sometimes required to be more detail-oriented while pitching to investors. Ideas or more slides to add to this pitch can include:
- Product features: you can elaborate more on the quality of food that your restaurant will be providing and what are the unique plates you will be adding to your menu
- Roadmap: It’s always a good idea to show your potential investors the plan you have for your restaurant with specific milestones for your business
- Team: showing your potential investors that you have skilled (wo)manpower with experience in running restaurant operations is relieving to hear in any restaurant pitch.
Guidelines to Follow in Your Restaurant Business
Allow me to give you a few tweaks in the field that I had to deal with when I was supporting one of our partners in opening a restaurant.
Legal and Health Requirements
You enter and stay in this business only if you abide by all the restaurant compliance practices and regulations specific to your country. You and your hired team must ensure that your establishment complies with local, state, and federal laws. By doing so, you protect your customers, employees, and your business.
Also, some of the most common best practices for restaurant safety and health compliance include:
- Staff training: with proper training, you ensure that your staff can recognize hazards occurring in your restaurant, understand how to report them, and thus prevent them.
- Equipment maintenance: this involves regular inspections and maintenance of machines, utensils, and other kitchen equipment. Doing this ensures that the restaurant tools are in good working order and free from defects.
- Sanitation: clean and hygienic restaurants prevent the spread of infections that could lead to severe health consequences for your guests and staff
Location, location, location
I might have repeated this in all my articles on specific businesses. Because, guys, this is huge!
Choosing the right spot to open your restaurant is crucial for the success of your business. Consider areas with foot and car traffic that also have a high density of your target population. ForkWise has also defined more things to consider when choosing a restaurant location. This includes competition, visibility, and accessibility through transportation. I would also add that you check the neighborhood safety of the area you choose to open in your restaurant.
Preparing mouth-watering menus can catch the eyes of many people on social media. They will then come to your restaurant and try your food. However, if food enthusiasts tried your food once and did not meet their standards of good quality and clean food, then you have jeopardized your restaurant’s reputation. Provide your guests with unique and personalized experiences when they come in. Trust me; this will be your best marketing strategy. Recently, people have paid a lot of money in restaurants, and they don’t feel that they get a remarkable experience in return that is worth their money. Change that!
Some basic ideas that can improve your guest experience include the accuracy of order, speed of service, friendliness of staff, and cleanliness. This is the least that your restaurant can offer.
Wrapping up – The Restaurant Pitch Deck Template Summary
Putting everything together, you now know how to start thinking about a restaurant business and find your seat in the food industry. Also, you have a great template to pitch your idea for the food business (ForkWise) to others. I am also reminding you to add more to our designed template based on your investors and the specific asks related to your pitch. The happier your potential investors are, the more money you get! Also, remember to:
- Study the restaurant compliance practices and regulations specific to your country and stick to them.
- Choose a safe spot with car traffic, a large number of your target, and that is accessible to open your restaurant.
- Create a unique personalized experience for your guests because this is how they refer you to others
With this, I leave you with my usual closing sentences.
We have shared some guidelines to help you start your business. However, if you’re out of time and want a consultant to help you plan and complete this, contact one of our freelancers. I highly recommend it.
Meet The Author Of This Article
I’m Jenny Ayman, a project manager in the development field with specific knowledge and experience in capacity building and entrepreneurship programs. I aspire to transfer the hands-on experience I gain in my professional career through writing.
Also, if you need help planning your business, I recommend checking out some of our freelancer’s business plans or pitch decks!